Thanks, Memphis Travel for letting us know about this Facebook group. They created a group for members of the tourism & hospitality industry to share information during this pandemic. The focus of this group is on the changes to strategy and tactics necessary during social distancing and quarantine. We’d love some restaurants in the group to share what they have been doing that has helped engage their customers and social following. Join by clicking here.
Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES Act”) Executive Summary for Restaurants
Summary compiled by the National Restaurant Association
Memphis restaurants that are open for business (no dine-in as of 3/19)
Help from home
Click this post for ways to help the restaurant industry without leaving your house.
MRA COVID-19 Posts:
- $2.5M Grant for Restaurant Workers
- NRA Summary of PPP 2nd Draw: Helping Restaurants & Small Businesses
- From the NRA: What the COVID-19 Relief Bill Means for Restaurants
- MRA Statement on Health Directive 16
- Survey About Closing Dining Rooms
- Tips on PPP & Loan Forgiveness
- Quarantine Protocol Updated Dec 4
- Health Department Meeting Thursday, December 3
- Signed letter from Memphis Restaurant Association
- Front Door Printable for HD 15
- Shelby County Commission Meeting Is Today
- Health Directive 15 Statement Input
- Nov 20 Health Department Update
- Webinar With Poplar Health on Pool Testing
- Nov 16 Health Department Update
- Shelby County Health Directive 13 – October 6
- Record a Video for More Relief Now
- Free webinars
- Memphis Restaurant Association Free Printables
- Governor Lee Extends to Go Drinks for Restaurants Through September
- Join the ServSafe Dining Commitment
- Shelby County Health Directive 8
- Lbd Delivery Extended Again With Executive Order
- TN Gov. Lee Announces Relief Program – No Details Yet on How to Apply
- 1-Click Email to TN Senators About PPP
- Free Bilingual COVID-19 Testing by Church Health & St. Michael’s Catholic Church May 29
- Members Who Offer COVID Supplies and Services
- Special Ojo Scooters Promotion for Restaurants
- POS Companies Offering Online Ordering and Curbside Options
- Shelby County Back to Business Requirements
- Free Printable Sign to Screen Your Customers
- Please respond to this survey
- Face Masks available today – Friday, May 1
- Tennessee Business Reopening Protocol
- Members Offering Cleaning Services and Cleaning Supplies
- April 14 LBD Information (Updated)
- Grants and Loans – Money Available for Businesses & Staff
- Apply for the Payroll Protection Program, Which Is Included in the Cares Act
- TN 15% LBD Tax On Hold
- Negotiating With Your Landlord
- Marketing and Compliance Tips for Delivery, To-Go, Curbside
- 3rd Party Delivery Services
- Gov. Bill Lee Permits To-Go and Delivery Wine Sales in TN
- Work for the Service Industry
- Taste901ToGo Social Media Campaign
- Ways you can help
- To-Go Beer Sales Ordinance Passed
- Curbside Parking
- Ways You Can Take Action
- Memphis restaurants that are open for business
- COVID-19 Resources and Links
- TN Businesses Now Eligible for SBA Loans!
- Do I Still Have to Pay Taxes During the Pandemic
- GoFundMe by Edible Memphis
- Relief Grants for the Hospitality Industry
- How to File Loss of Income Insurance
- Act Now US Travel Petition – Sign By Noon Friday Mar 20
- ALERT!!! Mandate to Close ALL Restaurants- Dine-In Only will come from Mayor Strickland this afternoon!
- COVID-19 update from MRA
- TN Mass Layoff List – This is the preferred method if your business has already closed and you are not in contact with employees. Employers provide the state with a list of employee names and other required information to expedite the approval process of an unemployment claim.
- Patrick Accounting (one of our members and sponsors) is helping their clients. Read how here.
- It is our understanding that employers can still offer health insurance to their furloughed or laid off employees if they are able. Please contact Sally Pace (click for email) CHC Healthcare with questions.
- Take this survey by Memphis Chamber which applies to March 23-27.
- Take the survey by the National Restaurant Association.
- Memphis Chamber list of jobs available right now. (More job ideas on our jobs page.)
- Evans Petree Law Firm – Our firm is already working with small to medium-sized businesses across varying industries to evaluate qualifications and benefits available under The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES Act”). The Cares act expands existing eligibility requirements and provides greater funding opportunities for businesses seeking relief from the federal government under two Small Business Administration Loan programs. Under the SBA 7(a) program, businesses are eligible to borrow up to $10 million with significant loan forgiveness if the funds are used for payroll, lease payments, and other general expenses. Under the disaster assistance program, businesses are eligible to borrow up to $2 million. We are working to create a simple and concise chart comparing the salient aspects of both the SBA 7(a) loan program and the disaster assistance program, and we hope to have that for you shortly. We are available to discuss the programs further or assist them in the application process. See the chart here.
- Register to watch the replay of this webinar by Whirks and Patrick Accounting about Updates and Q&A for Employers: COVID-19
- Click this link to a replay of a webinar by the National Restaurant Association about the CARES Act.
- FROM MLGW – How to reduce your energy costs when closed for dine-in business. Click for the pdf.