Quote from Daily Memphian: “Restaurants will be ordered to close at 10 p.m. in the latest Shelby County health directive, Alisa Haushalter, Shelby County Health Department director, said during Tuesday’s press briefing. Haushalter later clarified that bars within restaurants can still serve food.”
Quote from Fox13 article: ”
- Close bars again effective tomorrow at midnight (The directive specifically states “Any changes between this Directive and Directive No. 7 shall take effect Wednesday, July 8, 2020, at 12:00 pm” which indicates noon on Wednesday, July 8.). Bars that are housed inside a restaurant will still be able to serve food.
- Restaurants will have to close at 10 p.m. effective at midnight tomorrow.”
We expect the health directive to be posted today on the Shelby County Health Department website here. (As of the time of this email, we didn’t see a link to Directive 8 directly from the above website.)
Link to Health Directive 8. This is a direct link to the Directive.
Our understanding of this ordinance:
Serving food at your bar is still allowed (as long as seating parties 6 feet apart). Someone “camping out” at your bar for hours, watching TV, without ordering food, is not allowed.
Standing service at the bar is still not allowed.
- Shelby County Health Directive 8
- Lbd Delivery Extended Again With Executive Order
- TN Gov. Lee Announces Relief Program – No Details Yet on How to Apply
- 1-Click Email to TN Senators About PPP
- Free Bilingual COVID-19 Testing by Church Health & St. Michael’s Catholic Church May 29
- Members Who Offer COVID Supplies and Services
- Special Ojo Scooters Promotion for Restaurants
- POS Companies Offering Online Ordering and Curbside Options
- Free webinars
- Shelby County Back to Business Requirements
- Free Printable Sign to Screen Your Customers
- Please respond to this survey
- Face Masks available today – Friday, May 1
- Tennessee Business Reopening Protocol
- Members Offering Cleaning Services and Cleaning Supplies
- April 14 LBD Information (Updated)
- Grants and Loans – Money Available for Businesses & Staff
- Apply for the Payroll Protection Program, Which Is Included in the Cares Act
- TN 15% LBD Tax On Hold
- Negotiating With Your Landlord
- Marketing and Compliance Tips for Delivery, To-Go, Curbside
- 3rd Party Delivery Services
- Gov. Bill Lee Permits To-Go and Delivery Wine Sales in TN
- Work for the Service Industry
- Taste901ToGo Social Media Campaign
- Ways you can help
- To-Go Beer Sales Ordinance Passed
- Curbside Parking
- Ways You Can Take Action
- Memphis restaurants that are open for business
- COVID-19 Resources and Links
- TN Businesses Now Eligible for SBA Loans!
- Do I Still Have to Pay Taxes During the Pandemic
- GoFundMe by Edible Memphis
- Relief Grants for the Hospitality Industry
- How to File Loss of Income Insurance
- Act Now US Travel Petition – Sign By Noon Friday Mar 20
- ALERT!!! Mandate to Close ALL Restaurants- Dine-In Only will come from Mayor Strickland this afternoon!
- COVID-19 update from MRA