Quote from TN Department of Revenue website (emphasis added):
Liquor-by-the-Drink Tax and Alcoholic Beverages for Consumption Off Premises
Governor Lee’s Executive Order no. 17 authorizes the temporary sale of alcoholic beverages for consumption off of the premises by a restaurant. For further details and requirements surrounding such sales, please see the Executive Order.
Because these sales are for consumption off the premises, the liquor-by-the-drink tax imposed by Tenn. Code Ann. § 57-4-301 does not apply. No liquor-by-the-drink tax should be charged on take-out or delivery sales while the Executive Order is in effect. Businesses should not collect the liquor-by-the-drink tax on these sales, either by adding tax to the menu price or including the tax in the menu price. Any liquor-by-the-drink taxes that are collected must be remitted to the department.
Please note that sales and use tax will continue to apply to these sales.
- Free Bilingual COVID-19 Testing by Church Health & St. Michael’s Catholic Church May 29
- Members Who Offer COVID Supplies and Services
- Special Ojo Scooters Promotion for Restaurants
- POS Companies Offering Online Ordering and Curbside Options
- Free webinars
- Shelby County Back to Business Requirements
- Free Printable Sign to Screen Your Customers
- Please respond to this survey
- Face Masks available today – Friday, May 1
- Tennessee Business Reopening Protocol
- Members Offering Cleaning Services and Cleaning Supplies
- April 14 LBD Information (Updated)
- Grants and Loans – Money Available for Businesses & Staff
- Apply for the Payroll Protection Program, Which Is Included in the Cares Act
- TN 15% LBD Tax On Hold
- Negotiating With Your Landlord
- Marketing and Compliance Tips for Delivery, To-Go, Curbside
- 3rd Party Delivery Services
- Gov. Bill Lee Permits To-Go and Delivery Wine Sales in TN
- Work for the Service Industry
- Taste901ToGo Social Media Campaign
- Ways you can help
- To-Go Beer Sales Ordinance Passed
- Curbside Parking
- Ways You Can Take Action
- Memphis restaurants that are open for business
- COVID-19 Resources and Links
- TN Businesses Now Eligible for SBA Loans!
- Do I Still Have to Pay Taxes During the Pandemic
- GoFundMe by Edible Memphis
- Relief Grants for the Hospitality Industry
- How to File Loss of Income Insurance
- Act Now US Travel Petition – Sign By Noon Friday Mar 20
- ALERT!!! Mandate to Close ALL Restaurants- Dine-In Only will come from Mayor Strickland this afternoon!
- COVID-19 update from MRA