On Thursday, May 28 the U.S. House of Representatives passed a bipartisan bill fixing the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).
The Paycheck Protection Flexibility Act passed by a vote of 417-1.
The Paycheck Protection Flexibility Act makes desperately-needed improvements in the program that are important to our industry, including:
- 24-week covered period (instead of 8)
- 60/40 split (instead of 75/25)
- Loan forgiveness still applies if FTEs won’t come back, or if revenue in December is below Feb 2020 levels.
- Five-year loan-repayment terms for future PPP loans
- Payroll tax deferment restored
More details on the bill can be found HERE.
The biggest challenge is pressing the Senate that passing this bill needs to happen soon before it becomes a moot point for many PPP loan holders.
Our Senators need to hear from you now to pass this bill, fix the PPP, and preserve America’s hospitality and tourism industry.
- Lbd Delivery Extended Again With Executive Order
- TN Gov. Lee Announces Relief Program – No Details Yet on How to Apply
- 1-Click Email to TN Senators About PPP
- Free Bilingual COVID-19 Testing by Church Health & St. Michael’s Catholic Church May 29
- Members Who Offer COVID Supplies and Services
- Special Ojo Scooters Promotion for Restaurants
- POS Companies Offering Online Ordering and Curbside Options
- Free webinars
- Shelby County Back to Business Requirements
- Free Printable Sign to Screen Your Customers
- Please respond to this survey
- Face Masks available today – Friday, May 1
- Tennessee Business Reopening Protocol
- Members Offering Cleaning Services and Cleaning Supplies
- April 14 LBD Information (Updated)
- Grants and Loans – Money Available for Businesses & Staff
- Apply for the Payroll Protection Program, Which Is Included in the Cares Act
- TN 15% LBD Tax On Hold
- Negotiating With Your Landlord
- Marketing and Compliance Tips for Delivery, To-Go, Curbside
- 3rd Party Delivery Services
- Gov. Bill Lee Permits To-Go and Delivery Wine Sales in TN
- Work for the Service Industry
- Taste901ToGo Social Media Campaign
- Ways you can help
- To-Go Beer Sales Ordinance Passed
- Curbside Parking
- Ways You Can Take Action
- Memphis restaurants that are open for business
- COVID-19 Resources and Links
- TN Businesses Now Eligible for SBA Loans!
- Do I Still Have to Pay Taxes During the Pandemic
- GoFundMe by Edible Memphis
- Relief Grants for the Hospitality Industry
- How to File Loss of Income Insurance
- Act Now US Travel Petition – Sign By Noon Friday Mar 20
- ALERT!!! Mandate to Close ALL Restaurants- Dine-In Only will come from Mayor Strickland this afternoon!
- COVID-19 update from MRA